The Extended Project is a research project leading to a full AS qualification. It may be on a topic which leads directly on from other subjects studied at A Level or from an area of personal interest outside a student’s studies.
Students will be required to:
• Choose an area of interest
• Draft a project title
• Draft aims of the project
• Plan, research and carry out the project
• Provide evidence of all stages of project production
• Deliver a presentation to an audience
Students will be provided with guidance which will include some teaching of relevant skills plus mentoring and supervision of your progress. It will require up to 120 hours of input. The qualification is highly regarded by universities and employers alike. Successful completion of the EPQ develops many transferrable skills that will prove useful for life beyond the Sixth Form.