Named for Lady Florence Rose Bligh née Murphy who married the , Ivo Bligh (1860-1944). She was one of the women who burnt the bail and gave it to Ivo in the urn that became the Ashes Cricket Trophy in 1882. Lady Florence had been a music teacher in her native Australia and visited the school at Mayfield House more than once, notably in 1917. At that time she planted a tree in the garden and spoke to the girls in Assembly about the part they would have to play in national life during and after the war. She also sang a war hymn and asked them to learn it.
For more information please visit Wiki